WHLR never stops growing! We are looking for passionate professionals who are looking to join a team dedicated to the success of our tenants and overall mission. See below for current open positions:
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
The Commercial Property Manager will manage the administration and organization of all aspects of a center and its tenants, responsibilities including but not limited to:
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person. Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet client’s expectations.
- On assigned properties, act as the company’s primary coordinator to assure that the company’s efforts fully meet and exceed contractual property management obligations. Direct the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, snow removal, tenant build=out and other shopping center operations.
- Develop operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets that reflect the Owner’s objectives for operating the property, cash flow requirements and leasing strategy. Prepare this document to be used as an ongoing accounting reporting tool. Further accountability includes administration of budgets, operational review and analysis of corrective action needed. Recommend and implement programs that contribute to center profitability.
- Analyze and distribute monthly financial statements including operating variances from budget, cash management and strategies for collection of receivables.
- Administer leases on each project including analyzing lease clauses, preparation of vacancy reports, enforcing tenant compliance and performing landlord obligations. Identify leasing prospects and occasionally respond to routine leasing inquiries. Interface with leasing representatives/brokers and assist to assure spaces are leased/re-leased promptly.
- Bid work for tenant improvement. Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances. At all times, keep the space in condition to show.
- Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to department systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference. Coordinate with headquarters’ support staff on management company procedures for processing and distributing information. Provide prompt, detailed and accurate general status reports on all properties assigned.
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties keeping them up to company and Owner standards. Develop a network of emergency services and be available for 24-hour per weekend coverage as required. Supervise on-site maintenance mechanics, if utilized at assigned properties. Develop specifications and continually evaluate service needs and performance in all areas of maintenance and management. Forecast and manage replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC system, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, etc.
- Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns. Assist in managing tenant “fit-up” work, as needed or assigned. Represent ownership at promotional meetings of merchants. Complete regular retail sales analysis to assure thorough information on center sales and accurate, timely overage billings.
- Liaison with other disciplines/departments within the company to provide a team approach to the management of real estate. Coordinate the activities not directly controlled by the manager but directly related to each property i.e., production of sales statements, insurance monitoring, leasing, marketing and promotions, capital improvements, accounting/financial reporting and legal services.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments, with coworkers and particularly with other members of a project team. Keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management.
Experience, Requirements, and Core Competencies
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in commercial of multi-family real estate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in MRI, VTS, and Nexus desired.
- Knowledge of office and accounting procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to research and problem solve.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience maintaining tenant and vendor relations.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Real Estate license desired; desire to achieve a license is a plus.
Benefits include: a flexible work week, summer hours, casual Friday, rich health care plans, 401K with company match, company paid life/short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, and a great atmosphere!
Please send all resumes, cover letters, and salary requirements to Elizabeth Hedrick, Vice President of Human Resources, email@example.com. Recruiters, please do not contact Company.